Thursday, December 9, 2010

What DO Snowmen do at night?

The most current art project completed by my 3rd graders revealed a little about their creativity and the perhaps little-known diversity of snowpeople. I really enjoyed them, as I do the personalities of my little kiddos, so I wanted to share a bit of my everyday world with you. Here are a few of my favorites - I hope they bring a smile to your face as they did to mine.
Can't figure out if this one's a woodcutter or straight out of a horror movie.
Smoking like a chimney. Now, why do we associate pipes with snowmen? I doubt this child has ever seen a real pipe in his/her life. 
Your typical basketball playing snowman - notice the tall, thin build.

"Ahhh! I'm melting! I'm melting...I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!"
"Uh....which way did he go? I can't see nothin' in this storm!" (doesn't he have a great worried look?)
The Pessimist
"AHHHH!!!  The sky is falling!"
Girly Snowperson
Do you like the scarf? It's new...
In a fog.

This one better stop telling lies!

2 comments:

Steve and Shauna said...

The cutest snowmen ever! And I love your interpretations!

Dallas and Kirsten said...

Those turned out sooo cute!! If I ever end up in a regular class again I'll have to get the steps to this one :) Love ya!!