Friday, May 13, 2011

Psych!

Once in awhile, a TV show comes along that is so amazingly brilliant and entertaining, you can watch the episodes over and over again and never tire of them. There is something new to discover in each quirky hour!

Such is "Psych", the snarky, funny, at times suspenseful and even poignant show that I have discovered in the last few months. Not only is the writing clever and witty-- every  single actor and actress is superb in their various roles.

Shawn Spencer, played by James Roday, is a very attractive man who is witty and spontaneous and charming and just a little bit, shall we say, ADHD. (I love him on the show, but I suspect he would drive me crazy in real life.) His overbearing father taught him to be hyper-observant to the point that Shawn can pretend to be "psychic" and he opens a psychic detective agency with his best friend, Gus.
 A straight-man side-kick who calls his friend on his craziness but sometimes joins in, who is a "sympathetic crier", just a little OCD, sings and tap-dances, and drives a little blue Toyota Echo he is fiercely protective of, Gus (Dule Hill) is another superb and well-played character.
You can't help but get involved in the story lines and the TV lives of the characters. Watch an episode or two, and I guarantee you too will be hooked! (:

1 comment:

allison nadauld said...

I LOVE that show too. So hilarious and interesting. Hope you're doing well. Miss you!