More snow today..... and I am reminded that winters in Utah really aren't my thing.....
But on a lighter note, today was "The Polar Express" party in my classroom. A couple of parents told me students were SOOO excited for it. And they were. They all showed up in their pajamas, handing me their "Polar Express" tickets. I dressed up as the "conductor". We read the book and watched the movie with a projector. The kids could hardly wait for the hot chocolate - and some had so many cups (three or four 1/2 cups, really) that they didn't want any of the other snacks. After the movie, I showed them a box from the "North Pole" that we opened to reveal bell necklaces for them to take home. I know at least a few of them were positive Santa had sent them. Do you BELIEVE?
It was so fun to see those little first graders excited about Christmas and a party and everything. And I was pleasantly surprised at how many of them came to me during the day of their own accord and said "thank you" or that it was "the best party they've had". Some parents are raising polite, thoughtful kids out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment