Saturday, March 14, 2009

Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting!

We all know that hearing a song can bring back vivid memories - I was reminded of this again last night. I was having dinner at Paradise Bakery with a couple of friends (by the way, amazing food), and as one of them was telling us about her niece's wedding, I heard the opening musical phrase to "Kung Fu Fighting". Suddenly it was just like in the movies where the conversation soundtrack fades into the background and the music soundtrack volume goes up. My attention was divided for a few seconds between the story being told in the present and my memory of standing in a 4th grade classroom with 3 teacher friends, choreographing a clogging dance that we would perform in front of the whole school. My smile on the outside was small but my smile on the inside was huge. I love memories.

Just in case you need to be reminded of that song, I put a link to a video on YouTube. Sorry I have not yet figured out how to get it right in my post.

Kung Fu Fighting (minus the clogging)

2 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

I remember that dance routine...it was amazing. The three of you onstage with Gregg...unforgettable!

allison nadauld said...

That was the coolest dance ever. You should try and find someone who videoed it and stick it on YouTube. I still can't believe that you all know how to clog.