


In my book, France's "Bastille Day" (July 14) is no match for the other major holiday on this date - my oldest niece's birthday. 9 years ago today a woman that I do not know gave birth to a little girl and gave our family the most precious gift she could - her daughter. I was on my way home from visiting friends in California when I got the call that my first niece had been born! We had been waiting a long time for her. What a blessing she is to our family.
I was able to come to Blanding, Utah to spend the birthday evening with her and her family. Her mom and I in true secret agen fashion didn't tell her I'd be coming. Apparently my niece had to clean up the playroom, my bedroom for the stay, with only the promise of a surprise. I think she was surprised when I showed up at the door - I only hope she wasn't too disappointed that I wasn't a gigantic chocolate bar or a new pony.
My niece loves dogs, so that was the theme of the party. I became newly acquainted with the tv show, "Fetch" and the dog character on it, "Ruff", who the cake was patterned after. I'm telling you, if I ever have my own kids, I am not going to let them see all the amazing cakes their cousins get from my ultra-creative sisters. I just can't live up to that! My sister edited her kids into an episode of "Fetch" that we watched at the beginning of the activities for the evening.
I think I had too much pizza, cake and milkshakes.... I will have to eat nothing but celery sticks now for a week! But it has been a great day for celebrating a beautiful girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment