Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pioneer Day Fireworks



I love fireworks. When I am watching fireworks, I feel the same awe and excitement that I felt as a child. So the draw of the fireworks that were part of the Spanish Fork Pioneer Day celebration this year pulled me South. There is a certain energy in the holiday crowds.


My sister & her husband were in Salt Lake, so my parents and I took my 2 nephews downtown to the carnival, then the ball field to view fireworks. An added bonus to the evening was the company of a few of my friends. My nephews were a little shy around them at first, but warmed up eventually. But the boys, of course, weren't shy with me - you can see how my navajo taco disappeared pretty quickly.



One of my nephews - almost 2 - loved the rides so much, he would hang on to the seat when I had to pull him off at the end of the ride, crying "mo, mo!" It is more fun to see them enjoy the carnival rides than to go on them myself. Luckily, "grandma" paid for the rides - carnivals are super expensive these days!



There were a couple of rainstorms that we weathered with Mom & Dad's 6 umbrellas (yep, 6 - and no, I don't know why they travel around with 6 umbrellas in the car.) But the rain stopped before the fireworks began.



The fireworks were great and very close - and made even better by 2 little boys clapping their hands and calling "Yay! Yay!" It was a good night.

No comments: