Saturday, August 8, 2009

Get Ready....

This week began the preparation for a new school year to start. All my boxes had been moved in to my new classroom at Bonneville Elementary (first grade). Several times during the week, while working to put things away, I would stop and survey the catastrophic mess for a few minutes, before starting on another organization project.

I love a lot of things about my new school, the teachers I will be working with, and my classroom.
Look at all the cupboards to put my things in!

All the first grade teachers have a rug like this for lesson time. Look how each child has his/her own square to sit on! Notice how I can say things like, "Johnnie, move to the rainbow square". There are 30 squares and I have 20 students. So I can even separate the troublemakers!


This will be my awesome reading corner once I unpack and organize several boxes of books. There will also be a giant beanbag that my sister is loaning me for the year for the students to sit on.
A great little computer area for my kids...

Yes, it's a mess now, but I will post the "after pictures" in a week and you will all be super impressed! (:






4 comments:

marci said...

How fun! I actually miss setting up my classroom! :)

Teachinfourth said...

This room looks a bit larger than your last one, is it really? Also, are you getting excited?

Tracy said...

Janelle, do you need a big beanbag of your own? They are super easy to make :)

Andrew said...

I can't wait to see what your room will look like when your all done. Knowing you, it's going to be amazing! Oh, and feel free to come up any weekend. I hear Bear World is half price towards the end of the season :)