Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Four Birthdays

I absolutely LOVE my birthday, and this year, due to extenuating circumstances, I was able to have 4 days of birthday celebration. Woo hoo! It began with a party on Saturday night with a few friends, then Sunday, as the actual day of my birthday, was celebrated mostly by going to church and talking on the phone. On Monday, I celebrated with my students, then tonight, with my parents home from Hawaii, we had a family birthday celebration.

Look at this amazing cake my friend made! I hated to have her cut into it. And yet, the red-velvet of the cake was so appropriate...
Dinner was amazing Italian fare.
Band Heros!
Our newly-formed Girl Band takes a few minutes to get off the ground...

Church ready

Nature's surprise birthday present. Blah - take it back, I don't want it!
Ready to venture into the snow to get to church....I guess.
My birthday dinner on Sunday.
I have great students! (I think this mural was done after they were sugared up on Twinkies.)
The danger of wandering into the bathroom while your aunt is blow-drying her hair - a new hairdo!
Christmas tree helpers.
Dinner with the family - Papa Murphy's Gourmet Vegetarian - one of the best pizzas ever invented!
My sleep-deprived, sugar-filled nephews and I had a crazy time with the leftover birthday cake and new candles. 
I think my mom got out the wrong number candles....could've sworn I was 29....but I guess she would know.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm sure it's 29, too. Happy Birthday Janelle!

Steve and Shauna said...

Glad you had a good birthday! Love that cake!