I love my bed. I say this unapologetically and in all earnestness. When I am away on vacation, it is what I miss more than anything else. When I return, I always feel like throwing myself across it with arms outstretched to give it a big hug and tell it how much I love it (and a couple of times I have actually done this...shhhh!)
This luxurious, queen-sized, pillow-topped beauty was a present to myself when I turned 30. After 30 years of sleeping in twin-sized beds, I figured it was time to enter the world of the grown-ups - at least in this one way. I also justified the purchase with the fact that I had started experiencing back problems. Let me tell you - once you sleep on a pillow-top, queen-sized bed, you can never go back to a plain, old twin.
Soon after purchasing the bed, I found an amazing down-filled comforter that was like the icing on the cake. There is nothing quite like crawling into your comfortable bed covered by fresh, clean sheets, then pulling a soft, down-filled comforter up to your neck.
Just like with many things in life, there are many days I take my lovely bed for granted. But then I go on vacation, or I am extra exhausted, or I put on new sheets.... and once again I crawl into bed feeling spoiled and filled with gratitude for my bed. Sometimes I wake up on a weekend and just lay there, stretching and enjoying the feeling of my bed. I know, I know. Weird. Maybe a little crazy. But we have been together for many years and I anticipate many more to come....
1 comment:
Totally understand! I'm with you on this one! There's nothing like your own bed and it's one of the best things about coming home from vacation.
Post a Comment