Monday, May 7, 2012

My Many Moves

As I am getting ready to move yet again, I have been thinking about how many places I've lived over the course of my life. When I was growing up, I lived in only 6 different houses. Since I left home to go to college at BYU, however, I have lived in at least 12 different apartments or condos (and that's not even including the 4 different apartments I inhabited as a missionary). Mostly by my own choice, I have moved about every 2 years. Kind of strange for someone who claims to like familiarity and security. Crazy, I know.

Despite having to pack up all my things and move them from one place to another so often, I feel blessed to have the various experiences I have had in my many homes, which include wonderful roommates, church callings, and friends.

When I bought a town home almost 5 years ago, I thought for sure I would stay put for awhile. I loved my beautiful new home. But as life always seems to throw us curve balls, I ended up moving after 2 1/2 years. I didn't plan to stay away long, but another 2 1/2 years have gone by. It is now time to move again. For the first time, I am moving back "home",  rather than just to a new place. I am so excited to paint and redecorate and be in my own beautiful house again! Only a few short weeks....




No comments: