When I left for work this morning, I felt like Mother Nature decided to play an April Fool's Day joke. I should be used to this kind of weather, having grown up in Utah. But each year, when the days are nice in March or April, I believe that the snows are behind us for the year and Spring will stay. Ha! Foolish mortal. Every year there are a few surprise winter snowstorms that come AFTER I have packed away my coats, sweaters, and boots. And the inevitable disappointment ensues. When will I learn?
This morning my first graders, when trying to come up with what season it is, decided it could only be described as "Sprinter". I would have to agree - as the first day of "Spring" was a couple of weeks ago and yet it feels very much like the dead of winter.
2 comments:
It could always be worse...volcanoes could have been erupting or there could have been plagues...maybe acne?
That's cute! Sprinter. I too am sick of this cold winter stuff. Bring on Spring!
Post a Comment