Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic



I blame it on Kirsten. I mean, I've always loved clothes, but shoes came second - if there was money left over. Then I met Kirsten and it dawned on me that an essential part of a fabulous outfit is the shoes. I also became convinced that 3-4 inch heels were attractive enough to balance out the fact that they make my feet hurt if worn all day teaching elementary school. After all, Kirsten and Allison could do it. If you teach upper grades, they give you the height "edge" over the taller students. And if you teach lower grades, they all think you are gorgeous because you "dress up" a little every day. First graders love to stare at, and even at times touch, your feet as you sit on a chair to teach when they are sitting on the floor.

Recently the weather has been very summer-y and my feet have refused to go into socks and shoes. It is my favorite time of year! Time to pull out my collection of sandals and flip-flops that have been collecting dust for months. Plus, all the new sandals and flip-flops are on sale! So, although I have just a.....few.....pairs already, I couldn't resist a little shopping trip. Aren't they great! OK, I guess just the women out there will appreciate them.

It's a sickness, really. Just like an alcoholic with a drink, I can't help myself....

1 comment:

Teachinfourth said...

You said it...however admission is the first step, right?