So, I hate making decisions. Especially important, life-changing ones. Until last night, I was in the "frantic job-searching, apply for every teaching job possible, leave work at 4:00 every day to attend interviews", mode. The closest contest was between a possible 4th grade position at a charter school, a possible job at a fancy school in Draper, and a school in Alpine District.
Last night I got an offer to teach first grade at Bonneville Elementary in Orem (Alpine District). I had 24 hours to make a decision. So I did what I always do when I have a big decision to make: First, I hyperventilated. Then I crunched numbers and made a "pros & cons" list for 2 hours. Then I prayed a lot. I decided I didn't really want to teach at the charter school. But I remained undecided between Jordan and Alpine Districts all day today until 6:30 pm, right before I entered the number of the principal at Bonneville Elementary into my cell phone.
I wished several times that I was NOT the type of person who has to agonize over such things. I wished that I had a crystal ball. I wished that I didn't have to worry so much about money. But when it came right down to it, I survived and I feel peace and the future will remain much of a surprise. But I do know where I will be teaching next year - Bonneville Elementary. First Grade. (grimace) I guess I can do that one more year. And now, I need to get back to teaching my current first graders and counting down the days until my commute is basically over!
2 comments:
Congratulations! Both on the job and surviving the stress of the decision! smile and treat yourself today!
Now, that wasn't so hard...was it?
Post a Comment