I promised myself I wouldn't let another holiday season go by without enjoying it. Yet here it is, a week away from Christmas, and all I seem to have done the past few weeks is work, lay around sick in bed, and rush to get gifts bought and wrapped. I haven't even had time to put up my Christmas tree and outside lights yet. Never mind such a foreign idea as sending out Christmas cards. Shoot. It was really going to be different this year. I left an insanely crazy work day today (first graders a week before Christmas are on all kinds of "highs" and suck the energy right out of their teachers) with the most "Bah Humbug" feeling I can remember having. And who wants to end up like Scrooge?
I guess I have a few more days to get the "Christmas Spirit". And, there's always next year.
So, here's a picture of my Christmas tree - from last year.
2 comments:
Sorry to hear that you are slammed with non-fun Christmassy-type junk. Hope you get that spirit soon.
Next year, come out here for Christmas! Even though we don't get snow, there's nothing like being surrounded by children to bring out the Christmas spirit!!
Post a Comment