My friend gave me a late Christmas present today. Last week, we had gone to lunch and the radio was playing. A song by "Nickelback" came on that I have heard a few times and have had a gut emotional reaction to. You know that kind of song, the one that just speaks to you, that seems to say something you are feeling deeply but didn't know how to put the words to. My friend remembered my commenting at the time on the song and got me the CD. It also happens to have another of my favorite songs on it, so I was really excited. I got in my car, put on the song I loved, and cranked up the volume. There are times when you just HAVE to feel the bass vibrating through the car and through your body, then sing at the top of your lungs. This was one of those times. The song ended but... I could repeat it again and again if I wanted to. Brilliant.
Someone will have to show me how to embed the YouTube version of something on my blog post someday. But since I don't know how to do that yet, if you want to hear the song, you'll have to look it up yourself. "Never Gonna Be Alone".
1 comment:
I love that song too! It's one of my "inspirations" for the romantic fantasy novel I want to write after I'm done with Thunderstruck.
Post a Comment