Friday, January 15, 2010

There She Goes Again

I have a lot of mixed feelings tonight. I just made a 2 minute phone call that will change my life for the next year or so.

I put my townhome up for rent a couple of months ago. It was a smart financial decision - my parents built an apartment in their basement in Spanish Fork and "Free Rent" sounded a whole lot more attractive than "mortgage payment".

Only one couple came to look at my place over several weeks. I was beginning to think maybe this wouldn't work out after all - so why did I feel so right about it?

You know how they always tell you that something will happen when you are not looking for it and really don't even want it to happen, but then it does and it goes really fast? This is usually in regards to finding someone to marry. Well, it never worked for me in that area - maybe because I have never gotten to the point where I wasn't looking for it and didn't want it to happen - but that's how it's been with renting my townhome this week.

A really sharp single guy looked at it, was impressed, and after checking to make sure I wasn't about to harbor a criminal or druglord or anything, I offered the contract to him all in the past 4 days. The contract begins February 1st, so I guess I am moving in the next 2 weeks. Again. How do I keep getting myself into these moving situations? Someday I am going to live in one place longer than 3 years!

No comments: