Sunday, November 27, 2011

Celebrate Good Times

 This year I had not one day of birthday celebration.... I had a whole weekend! It was awesome. Here were some of the festivities-
First up was the "WICKED" themed birthday party, complete with an approximation of the Emerald City, and entertainment for everyone consisting of me popping many balloons with my bare hands. You know, you actually get used to the popping sound after awhile...

The balloons contained pieces of a message that I had to assemble - despite my dismal puzzle skills.
This awesome cake was made by my friend Kristi. She is becoming quite the accomplished cake decorator! 

Phase 2 involved a date with my 2 favorite guys to the Provo Beach Resort in Provo Riverwoods. It was a wonderful introduction to the Christmas Season. Afterward, we headed back to my parents' house for the family presents & cake.



The boys hadn't quite decided on their Christmas lists, but came up with "transformers" and "treats".

Yes, that's a big, fat, ol' 4 - 0 on my cake. I'm trying to "own it"!
The sweetie of the family - looks a little tired....
Phase 3 was a little more complicated - it involved a flight to San Francisco and the addition of one of my best friends in the whole world! We enjoyed staying in a fancy, famous hotel, "The Westin St. Francis", right on Union Square. The morning of my actual birthday, we were awoken to room service and had breakfast in bed - it felt so luxurious! We spent the day shopping, ice-skating in Union Square (well, I did, while K. took pictures of me), and eating at Cheesecake Factory. I loved the excitement and energy of the city! SF is one of my favorite cities of all time.


The best hotel bed I've ever slept on!
Nice view, eh?
Breakfast in Bed Birthday morning...
Shopping!
Gotta love The Cheesecake Factory.
Macys Christmas floor...

Admitting you are having a baby is the first step...
The Hawaii Tree









My favorite cheesecake!
My awesome "Mermaid-colored" manicure.
The next morning began with a rare manicure (thanks K.), ending up with bright blue-green fingernails. We then spent the day at a science exploratorium in the Golden Gate Park, Bakers Beach, and Pier 39.
Our trip to the "Rainforest"
The coolest aquarium creatures!
Showing my joy at being on the beach.


Pier 39 decked out in Christmas lights. 
My ice-skating adventure on the rink in the center of Union Square. 

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Glad you had a good birthday and week in SF. By the way, you look super skinny in these photos! Wahoo sexy woman!

Teachinfourth said...

Rock on for fun week/weekends. I'm glad you were able to spend it with people that you like.

;)

Seven tryin' for Heaven said...

Wow, what a birthday!!! Looks so fun and with people that matter most. Happy for you.

Aly said...

WHat a fun weekend. You are so beautiful!! Miss you.

The Bohmans said...

Loved seeing you & our friends from Oak Hills days! Miss you all. Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had fun- shows the rest of us how to do a birthday right. :) --Anita (Montano) Bohman

Tomg said...

Thnx for sharing the photos. I've stayed in St Francis before... but at a convention so I didn't have all the fun that you had. I'm glad you had a memorable B-day...
Lots of Love...! Dad

Gerb said...

I'm SOOOO lame to be commenting on this so much later than it was posted, but HAPPY LATE LATE LATE BIRTHDAY! It sounded awesome. But I'm dying to know what the message from the balloons said? I mean, how could you leave everyone hanging like that?! :)