Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Family Video

I finally sat down tonight with a few minutes to update my blog.... mostly because I'm pathetic and haven't updated in.... FOREVER.

I wonder if I will ever give up the notion that "when life slows down a little and I'm not so busy, I'll get around to it"... You'd think I would have learned by now that life never really slows down and the business never really goes away.

After school was out for me last Friday (yeah, eat your hearts out, employees of Nebo & Provo Districts.... we've been out of school this whole week!), I had time to start the Christmas project I've been planning on creating for a couple of months now. It's not procrastination - I just work better under pressure, that's all. :P Anyway.... I had gathered current pictures from all of my family members, intending to make a "2011" Family Video for Christmas. This endeavor was two-fold: First of all, it is a constant sorrow in my life that half my family (ie: cute nieces and nephews) live on the other side of the United States, and I think it is a shame that all the cousins do not get to know each other very well. Secondly, I am poor and couldn't go out and buy presents for everyone this year, but I thought... "hey! I know how to make iMovies, and when I have made them in the past, they are a huge hit with everyone...." ergo: family video time.

I forgot one thing, however. The hours and hours and hours it takes to put together a 30 minute picture & video montage to music. I ended up spending a good deal of Sunday and most of Monday working on it so I could get a couple of copies in the mail by Tuesday. CRAZY. (Me, after that many hours on my couch in my PJ's, surrounded by my catastrophically messy living space, my hand in a cramped position from the constant mouse use on my laptop).

However, it was also hours spent with my family. Constantly looking at pictures of them, laughing every time I saw a few of them, getting a little teary-eyed from missing them, imagining their voices and personalities. I am grateful for the technology we have that can keep our family close despite the many miles between us. I love my family. Time and again I have been reminded that they are the constant in my life. We are an eternal family and no matter what this life brings us, we are there for each other.

I want to share a few of my favorites:




















1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love that all the ones of our kids are pictures of them being CRAZY! Haha! Thanks for all your hard work, the kids love it! (so do the adults) :)