I got homesick tonight. Strange, though, because I have only been away from home for a week, and will be returning on Saturday. And I am in lovely Virginia where people are friendly and I have met some really great people through my trainings. Maybe the homesickness trigger was eating by myself at a restaurant, where I felt the need to clarify to my waiter that I was alone because I am in town on business.
On my way from my hotel to my work location each day, I pass a beautiful LDS church building. Every time, I have looked at it and felt a pang of.....something. Tonight, on the way back from the restaurant, I saw many cars parked there, and I stopped for a few minutes. Overwhelmed with wanting to be home in Utah, I went into the church building and was wrapped in familiarity. It was the next best thing to really being home. I feel a measure of peace. But I am still looking forward to really being home.
2 comments:
Come home quickly. We love you
When you get back, we'll have to make up for the loneliness.
I enjoyed your photo, but knew EXACTLY what you were talking about...sorry I wasn't there.
Post a Comment