Thursday, March 11, 2010

NED

Endorphins. Those are the "happy chemicals" released in your brain when you laugh. And today, I was able to laugh for about 45 minutes solid, along with about 600 other people. We had an assembly at school starring one of the funniest guys I have ever listened to. He had the students and adults all laughing continually, while doing amazing yo-yo tricks and teaching some very basic and important "life skills".

It was a good reminder to me of the way to live a happy life. Never Give Up. Encourage Others. Do Your Best. I was touched as the presenter had all the students turn and look at the teachers and the teachers look at their students, while raising our hands and pledging to do our best for each other. As I looked at those earnest, smiling faces, I was reminded of all the reasons that I am a teacher. I was also reminded that I need to do my best for those precious children.

Every day we have choices: to get out of bed in the morning and face life or not, to have a good attitude...or not, to serve others or not, to do our best or not.....

Thanks for the endorphins and the reminders, Ned. (:

1 comment:

allison nadauld said...

I wish I was there. There is nothing better than a laugh so big that your eyes water, you can't breath, and you rock your body from side to side in delirium....even better that you can do it at school.