Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sugar Coma

I am an emotional eater.

It is the end of my third 13 hour work day in a row, and I am trying to get up the energy to drag myself off the couch and to my bed. Grades and parent/teacher conferences will mess with you like nothing else. Days like this bring on my "don't care what the sugar and chocolate does to me, just give me more of it" attitude. The PTA fed us teachers dinner tonight, and I sampled one of each of the delicious, calorie-laden desserts. This is in addition to the cupcake (OK, two cupcakes) I had earlier to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday.

Does it make long, stressful workdays better?

Yes. It does. And I'll worry about the effects on my health later. Maybe on Friday, when I get a day off. Oh, how I long for Friday.

3 comments:

allison nadauld said...

I remember the days. I still have them being home with the kids and feeling so sleep deprived. Sometimes it's worth the few calorie to be a happier teacher/mother. Conferences are rough, good luck. Enjoy your Friday it's approaching quickly!

Teachinfourth said...

Be strong, girl. Be strong…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAMLOnSNwzA

Dallas and Kirsten said...

I totally smiled when I read this post...remembering the endless hours stretch on and on as your telling parents that their child is not meeting state standards! Oh the life! I think the sweets are the few perks in the profession, so live it up until the weekend :) Love ya!