I recently rediscovered that there are many good people everywhere you go. I was in the Bay Area of California last week when I witnessed an example of people pulling together. My friend Kirsten and I were on our way to a nearby outlet mall for a shopping excursion, when a police cruiser passed us with his lights flashing, and then, a few cars ahead, began weaving in front of all lanes of traffic. For a moment, we were wondering what was going on - was this a drunk policeman, or what? But then we saw that he was slowing down and forcing everyone else to slow down, too. He stopped across the middle of the freeway, and we could see cardboard scattered all over the road ahead. Then he got out and began to pick up pieces of cardboard off the road. It wasn't long before other people got out of their cars to help gather up the road hazards. We were on our way again in about 5 minutes. It was a little instance of kindness by a few, but cool to witness (we were too far away to join in - the picture is really zoomed in).
1 comment:
Let's hear it for cardboard and spontaneous service!
Post a Comment