Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Hobby I Enjoy

About a week ago, my coworker asked if I would help her with a little project. She makes bridal accessories, and she wanted to have a decorative book made with photos of her creations that she could place on a table in craft fairs and bridal shows. Seeing as how "scrapping" projects always get me excited and bring out the designer in me, I volunteered to help her. It was only afterward that I learned that she needed it in 3 days. Two of those days I had play rehearsal, so I had one evening to complete the book. She didn't pressure me at all, but I wanted to take on the challenge. And it turned out that it was the perfect therapy for what had been a horrendous day at work.

My coworker gave me all the papers, the photos, and the basic blank book. The creative juices didn't really start flowing until I was seated in front of the TV with everything spread out before me. A lot of people are getting into computer photo books instead of scrapping, and I enjoy that too, but there is something I love in being able to handle the paper, ribbons, glues, and stickers, etc. I am pretty proud of the way it turned out. It was an evening well spent.


6 comments:

Ashlee said...

The book looks AMAZING!!!! Are you in a play or are you directing one for school?

Kathy said...

Well done. The books looks fantastic!

ps I want to hear about the play, too.

Dallas and Kirsten said...

Seriously this is amazing! You definitely have an eye for this. I wish I had more of a creative edge, but sadly I have to resort to the generic computer books :) Love you!

Gerb said...

The book is beautiful. You want to come decorate my front room? ;)

Cheeseboy said...

I know nothing about scrapping, but it looks good from what I can see. I'll have to ask my wife.

Thanks for visiting the Blog O' Cheese. Feel free to visit and comment anytime, it makes me feel all important. I promise to do my best to try and continue the funny.

Amanda said...

Very pretty!