As I was looking for a humorous story to use in my relief society lesson tomorrow, I came across one of "those e-mails" that was being sent around awhile back. I don't know if I'll ever actually use one of these comments, but I would secretly love to. Here are my favorites:Comebacks to the question "Why aren't you married yet?"
1. Because I love hearing this question.
2. Just lucky, I guess.
3. It gives my mother something to pray for.
4. I don't want to have to support someone else on my paycheck.
5. I'm still hoping for a shot at Miss America.
6. Do you know how expensive it is to buy two tickets to a broadway play?!
7. It didn't seem worth a blood test.
8. I already have enough laundry to do, thank you.
9. Because I think it would take all the spontaneity out of dating.
10. I'd have to forfeit my billion dollar trust fund.
11. I wouldn't want my parents to drop dead from sheer happiness (or surprise).
12. I guess it just goes to prove that you can't trust those voodoo doll rituals.
...And here are some of my own invention:

13. What?! Darn, I knew I forgot to put something on my "List of Life Accomplishments".
14. I'm looking for a single man who could support me financially. Do you know one?
15. Men are intimidated by my ninja skills.
16. I'm waiting for Taylor Lautner to grow up.
17. I'm waiting until my options are narrowed down to the bare minimum to make the choice easier.
18. I heard that "40 is the new 30" so I thought I'd test it out to see if it's true.
19. I haven't found anyone who's gotten along with all my personalities.
20. Because I enjoy going on first dates.
1 comment:
LOL! Good comebacks. My fav is the multiple personality disorder. ;-)
Post a Comment