About 5 days ago I found a huge hairy monster spider in the hall by my bedroom. There was no one else around, so the only thing I could think of to do was put a plastic container
over the top of it. Ugh, by the way. And there the spider stayed. I didn't want to get close enough to be able to get rid of it. After 3 days, I thought maybe the thing had died (no air, ya know?) but, lo and behold, spiders can apparently live without air. (Can you see him in the picture? Appreciate the bravery it took for me to lift up the container long enough to get a picture.)
Finally, I got some good advice from a couple of people. Suck it up with the vacuum hose! Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that? So that is exactly what I did today - as I tried to blot out thoughts of him surviving the immense suction and crawling around inside my vacuum bag. Let's hope the thing didn't survive. My home is safe from spiders.... for the present.
4 comments:
Never move to a humid climate. I mistakenly squished one the size of the kind you find on plastic rings at Halloween.
He's a camouflage spider! He blends in with the carpet.
Yeah, that makes him even more dangerous! I sucked him up with the vacuum extension, by the way. Great idea!
Yeah, that makes him even more dangerous! I sucked him up with the vacuum extension, by the way. Great idea!
Post a Comment