Thursday, July 29, 2010

20 years...oh my!

I have a confession to make. Last weekend was my 20 year High School Class Reunion. Yep. That makes me.... 20 years older than a high school graduate. Huh.
The first event of the weekend was a nice dinner on Friday night. A few days before, a girl I had known in high school called to see if I would sing with her. Despite being a little nervous to sing in front of the many people in my graduating class who are ultra-talented, I was a little excited to get to do something I never would have dared do when I was a teenager - sing a solo in front of my peers. We ended up singing "For Good" from the musical "Wicked" and our own version of "I Want it All" from "High School Musical". It was fun and, because of all the chatting going on during the entertainment, I wasn't even nervous.
I enjoyed visiting with friends I don't get to see often enough, and a few people I haven't seen for....well, for 20 years.

It was also great to feel confident and realize that I am OK with the woman I have become.
Saturday morning, according to tradition, the "Class of '90" was an entry in the Spanish Fork Pioneer Day Parade.
I chose to walk on the side of the truck so I could throw candy. We had tons of candy to begin with, but it sure went quickly as all the kids along the parade route begged for it and I had a hard time saying no. If you want candy in a parade, it is best to sit at the beginning of the route.

Friends from High School - don't we all look YOUNG? (:
Saturday night I helped organize an informal picnic gathering for the families of classmates at the Spanish Fork Reservoir. We enjoyed eating at a nice pavilion and some of the kids played in the water. There is a beautiful view of Utah Valley from the reservoir.

These kinds of time markers naturally lead to reconnection, reflection and evaluation of where we are in our lives. Have I accomplished what I wanted to by this point in my life? Am I the person I want to be? Do I spend time with the people who mean the most to me? What are my priorities?

What? You want my answers? Those are for me. Find your own answers.... (:

4 comments:

Dallas and Kirsten said...

I bet you sounded amazing and I love you new dress!

Kristi said...

You look the best of the bunch!

Kristy said...

So much fun! I am so glad to reconnect, it was as fun to be with you at the reunion as it was 20 years ago in high school! I'll be calling:)

Gerb said...

We are of the same graduating class. How cool is that? My reunion is this summer as well, but I will not be attending for various reasons. Yours looked like a fun time!