All of this often leaves me very ambiguous about my feelings toward Autumn. My time with him is like that fun, exciting fling with a guy you are crushing on but you know is just going to leave you in the end. You can never truly enjoy your time together because you never know which day is the day he will decide to leave you. In short, Autumn toys with my emotions.
Nevertheless, I threw caution to the wind on Saturday and I have to admit it was fun to embrace Autumn and just live in the moment. Jeff knows I love 4-wheeling and he also happens to own a 4-wheeler (along with an exploratory and adventurous spirit), and he took me to the mountains above Castle Dale. I have been amazed at all the places I have never been that are within a few short hours of where I have spent my entire life! Anyway, the colors were amazing, and viewing them on the back of a 4-wheeler with the wind blowing my hair back and the mixture of woodsy smells....it was pure heaven. Yes, I am a teensy bit enamored of 4-wheelers. OK, so it's more than a teensy bit. I can't help it.
Jeff kept track of our altitude - over 10,000 feet much of the time - and at one point tried to find the highest point. Good thing it was a beautiful day and wasn't very cold, even at that height. |
After the 4-wheeling, we ate at a true "greasy spoon" restaurant on the Main Street of Castle Dale (I think it was the ONLY eating establishment), then took off for a view of the Little Grand Canyon part of the San Rafael Swell. Very cool. Another place that I had never been before. The weather was warm - Summertime warm - so I was loving it.
I will have to re-evaluate my relationship with this fleeting Season. After all, even though he leaves me every year, he also returns each year like clockwork. I should enjoy him while he's here.

5 comments:
You had the perfect weather for 4 wheeling Saturday! It was almost warm enough to be August! Glad you had a great time. Next trip, I think you need to check out all the trails in 4 corners! (wink, wink)
Gorgeous pictures!! If you like that temperature you should just live here :) I do miss those fall colors though. And who doesn't love 4 wheeling!!?
Fun pictures!
One question, how do you know that Autumn is a male? Maybe it's a fair "weather" female friend. he he
I have the same relationship with autumn. LOVE autumn itself, but not so much what it's ushering in. Beautiful pictures of the changing leaves!
Little Grand Canyon!?
That be me stompin' grounds…I was just there last weekend.
I miss it, too.
Post a Comment