Setting the scene: Shawn has been in love with Juliet for ages, and she with him, but the timing never works out quite right for them to be together. In this episode, she is dating a very wealthy man who is taking her on vacation. Shawn wants her to be happy, so he doesn't say how much he wishes it were him. He doesn't ask her not to go. He thinks that is what she wants, so he doesn't stand in her way.
I have been thinking about the "themes", if you will, of this clip. If you really care about someone, you sometimes have to "let them go". You give up your own selfish desires and needs so they can be happy.
I also love what Shawn says about the experiences that you share with people you care about. The moments, rather than the scenery, are the most important things to capture on film, and in our hearts.
In a couple of days, I will be getting together with 4 women than I absolutely love. The 5 of us, plus one more friend, spent 3 weeks on a European tour together ten years ago. This is our "reunion" - an opportunity to recall all of those precious experiences and moments. Seeing many European countries was a wonderful experience. But what I gained most of all was the memories and relationships I hold onto in my heart.
2 comments:
So looking forward to Friday!
Me too! Yipppeeee
Post a Comment