Friday, July 29, 2011

Borrowing Kids for a Week

This week has been a very "drama-filled" one for my local family. My youngest sister had her third baby on Tuesday, so her two boys have had a little upheaval in their home-life stability. They have had sleepovers and visits to Grandma & Grandpa's house and many daily adventures with me, their Aunt Nellie. I have a much greater appreciation for mothers and how they balance so many things. At the end of one week of pretending to be "mom" (not even all the time), I am exhausted. But the activities with my nephews have been fun.
Dinner at Cracker Barrel

Waiting for the Spanish Fork "Fiesta Days" parade to start.

This "tolerant" smile says: "Leave me alone,
I'm trying to watch the parade!"
Bags full of the candy thrown by parade participants
Pancakes for breakfast on the morning they slept over and their baby sister was born.
These I whipped up before I zipped off to a district class for work. Thank goodness for "just add water" mix!
Two pouring rain/hailstorms two days in a row created quite the flooding adventure in one of our downstairs bedroom window wells. This was documented with my camera by a budding almost-6-year-old photographer...

Love the laughing!
My little monkey...
We also went swimming and to a children's play at the Hale Center Theater, but I don't have any pictures.

This is what little sister, Beatrice, or "Baby Bea" was doing while we were on the go:


That is looking pretty good right about now - think I will crash, too!

3 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

You're a niece! I mean...

Stef said...

I bet those kiddoes thought being with you was the best! They are cute for sure. Eveyone needs an aunt like you.

Danielle said...

Cute little kids! What a good auntie you are by taking them so their momma can have that baby! :D
Found you at Teachinfourths magic bus! ;)
He's my cuz! I see that you guys hang (Harry Potter marathon and all), so you gots to be good people!