Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Party's Over...


I just plugged in my set of hot rollers in preparation for the closing night of my play. I find myself dragging my feet to get ready tonight. And I don't think it is totally because I am extremely tired of spending an hour rolling 30 curlers in my hair and putting on tons of make-up. (see picture to the left)

In truth, there are a few things I won't miss about being in the play, namely: the above-mentioned preparations, changing in a tiny curtained room backstage about 10 times in a 2 hour period, and having most of my evenings tied up. But at the same time, I will miss the talented, kind, fun people I have gotten to know, the opportunity to sing and act in front of an audience (as opposed to in my car or spontaneously in front of my poor friends), and listening backstage as the audience audibly enjoys the funny lines and nuances in this entertaining play.

So I guess everything in this life has an ending, but we take with us the experience and relationships we have gained, and go on to new experiences. This has been fun. But I guess "The Party's Over". Good Night All. And a huge thank you to those of you who made the effort to come see me in my performance - it means the world to me!!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

We loved the play! Thanks for letting us know about it. Brings back great memories:) You all did a fantastic job.

Teachinfourth said...

I loved it so much, I came twice…you did done good, Nells.

Kristi said...

It was so fun to see you! Broadway is next!

allison nadauld said...

I really wish I could have seen you perform. You look beautiful.

Shauna said...

Know the feelings: closing night is bittersweet. Glad you had fun. It was a great play!