Monday, November 9, 2009

I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason...





Tonight I re-watched a movie that I liked a few years ago but had forgotten about. It inspired bitter-sweet feelings in me for some reason. I began to think of all the people who have touched my life through the years. There are far too many to picture here.

In my favorite part of said movie, the heroine is missing a man that she fell in love with, who had made a great difference in her life, and feeling rather bereft. Her father asks her, "Did you love him?" And she says, "I loved who I got to be with him. Even though I didn't do anything amazing - for me it was. I felt like I knew myself for the first time."

I feel like my life is a constant discovering of myself. Parts of me are emphasized or even brought forth for the first time in my relationships with others. For me, the amazing things in my life would probably not be counted as amazing by anyone else. But for me they are.

I should add that I have many pictures of my students that I could share, but I won't because of privacy issues. And there are so many people who I will miss because it would take me about a week to upload all the pictures that I really want to. However, I will show just a few of the family and friends who have allowed me to be myself when I was with them.







1 comment:

Dallas and Kirsten said...

I wish there were words to express my gratitude to you for the person you are and the incredible friend you have been to me. There are so many special moments, little memories that enter my mind constantly throughout the days that remind me of the times we spent together. "Because I knew you, I have been changed for good." I love you. Thanks for posting and reminding me how grateful I am to have a big sister.